The week of September 16-20, 2013 is National Health Information Technology (IT) Week. National Health IT Week celebrates the efforts that have been made—and are being made—in the transformation of how care is delivered and paid for and how patients engage in their own health and health care http://www.healthit.gov/healthitweek/.
At the FCC, we’re joining public and private stakeholders in raising awareness of the role of Health Information Technology’s power to improve the health and health care of patients all across the nation, and at lower cost.
To highlight its efforts in supporting health IT innovation, the FCC is participating in a variety of activities during National Health IT Week including:
- Monday, 9/16 at 2:15 PM: Matt Quinn, FCC’s Director of Healthcare Initiatives, briefing at the National Committee on Vital and Health Statistics (NCVHS) on FCC Healthcare Initiatives and Building the Community as a Learning System for Health: http://www.ncvhs.hhs.gov/130916ag.htm
- Wednesday, 9/18 at 9:30 AM: Matt Quinn, panelist at Dialogue on Diversity “Twentieth Entrepreneurship – Information Technology Conference” on FCC’s role in driving innovation in mHealth: http://www.dialogueondiversity.org/files/entr_it_2013_flyer_2.pdf
- Wednesday, 9/18 at 1:30: Matt Quinn at the HIMSS Joint Government Relations Roundtable, Small Business & Diversity Roundtable and Legal Task Force Meeting on FCC’s Collaboration with FDA and ONC on the FDA Safety and Innovation Act (FDASIA): http://www.himss.org/Events/EventDetail.aspx?ItemNumber=17392
- Thursday, 9/19: Matt Quinn to participate in the RAND “Connect and Engage Private Session: Telemedicine Infrastructure” meeting, a summit to collaborate with other federal agencies working in telemedicine
- Friday, 9/20, 2:00 PM: Christianna Barnhart, Attorney Advisor, Telecommunications Access Policy Division, Wireline Competition Bureau, Federal Communications Commission, panelist on HRSA Webinar on: "Telehealth for Safety Net Providers: https://cc.readytalk.com/cc/s/registrations/new?cid=uj9f002ra75h
- Friday, 9/20, 1:30 PM: Chairwoman Clyburn, Opening Remarks at Congressional Black Caucus Annual Conference panel on “Empowering African American Communities to Improve their Health with Broadband Technology”: http://www.jointcenter.org/events/cbc-foundation-2013-annual-legislative-conference
And the following week:
- Mon and Tuesday, 9/23-24: FCC and USAC training for prospective applicants to the FCC Healthcare Connect Fund: http://usac.org/rhc/healthcare-connect/outreach/default.aspx
To learn more about FCC's healthcare initiatives, please visit www.fcc.gov/health.