[[wysiwyg_imageupload:98:height=100,width=71]]Very soon, the FCC’s International Bureau will launch a new section of FCC.gov called “Women in ICT’s Shared Excellence Network” (WISENET). The site is an international online community of women in information, communications, and technology. Commissioners Mignon Clyburn and Meredith Baker will kick off the discussions.
WISENET will be a space for women in ICT from around the world to share views and professional information, and keep in touch with each others’ work and accomplishments. Through WISENET, not only will we be able to stay informed about each other’s professional lives, but we also will have access to resources and referrals we can all use as we face common challenges. To encourage sharing, we envision a website which will host information that participants contribute. This will include professional biographical information, as well as other ICT-related input.
If you are interested in participating, please send to Irene.Wu@fcc.gov:
- Your photo, name, professional title, organization, city, and country, as you wish it to appear on the website.
- A short professional bio of less than 100 words.
- Links to your Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or other social networking sites.
Also, we encourage you to send in:
- Short blog posts (200 words or less) on topics of your choice – ICT issues, economic development, or your own professional career path. It is certainly fine to draw on speeches, articles, or other material you may have already released to the public.
- Links to any upcoming events or projects you would like to share with the group.
- Links to any past events, publications, or other materials you would like to share with the group.
Please be an early contributor to WISENET by sending in your information by September 28, 2010! We plan to “go live” by the end of the month.