This article provides information on Amending an Application in the Universal Licensing System (ULS). There are generally two reasons for you to amend an application in ULS:
- You received a Notice of Return letter from the FCC and you must respond to the letter; or
- You need to change some information on an application that is pending.
Steps to Filing a Request to Amend an Application in ULS
- Log in to ULS Online Filing with your FCC Registration Number (FRN) and password.
Note: If you are taken to the My Licenses page, click My Applications to begin the steps below.
- Towards the bottom left of the screen, Enter the file number of the application you want to amend and click Go.
- On the top right of the screen, Click Update under Work on This Application.
Note: This step will begin the amendment process.
- Make your changes, sign your application and click Submit Application.
Note: By typing your first and last name in the name fields you have signed your application.
FAQs – Filing a Request to Amend an Application in ULS
Will I owe a filing fee?
Most amendments do not require a fee; however it depends on what information is changed in the amendment. ULS will automatically determine if a fee is required and tell you the amount once you complete your application. If fees are due, they can be paid online as soon as you submit your application.
Additional information about fees is available at the Fees Help page.
Why don’t I see an Update link as indicated in step 3?
There are a few possibilities: