The Engineering Division conducts technical reviews of media related matters. The Division processes Cable Community Registration, Cable Television Relay Service (CARS) applications, special relief and show cause petitions involving technical matters, and requests for rulings on technical matters and requests for waivers of the rules. The Division processes signal leakage performance reports filed by cable system operators, analyzes aeronautical frequency usage data and takes appropriate action to ensure compliance with FCC requirements.
|Engineering Division||(202) 418-7000|
|Division Chief||John Wong|
|Deputy Division Chief||Wayne T. McKee|
The Media Bureau announces mandatory electronic filing via the Cable Operations and Licensing System (COALS) for the following FCC Forms:
- FCC FORM 320, Basic Signal Leakage Report
- FCC FORM 322, Cable Community Registration
- FCC FORM 324, Operator, Mail Address, and Operational Information Changes
- FCC FORM 325, Annual Report of Cable Television Systems
The selected PSIDs are required to complete FCC Form 325 - Annual Report of Cable Television Systems. The Form must be completed within 60 days of notification (December 30, 2011) in accordance with Section 76.403 of the Commission's rules.
The form must be electronically filed using COALS Electronic Filing starting on January 3, 2012.
Washington, D.C. -- At the Gov 2.0 Summit today, Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski announced a suite of new tools designed to unlock FCC data and drive innovation across the public and private sectors. for more details...
- Cable System Registration
- Cable Operator, Mail Address, and Status Changes
- Signal Leakage Information
- Aeronautical Frequency Notification (AFN)
- Cable TV Relay Services (CARS)
- Multichannel Video Programming Distributor (MVPDs)
- Cable Rules
- COALS Electronic Filing System
- Registrations and operational change inquiries: Jerilyn Harris
- Basic signal leakage and non-cable MVPD inquiries: Carol Thomas
- Aeronautical frequency notification inquiries: Jerilyn Harris
- Cable Television Relay Service (CARS) inquiries:
- MVPD technical inquiries only: Walid Kassem
- Non-MVPD technical inquiries: FCC Bureaus
If you have been contacted by FCC staff by phone or by letter regarding a registration, aeronautical frequency notification, basic signal leakage performance report (CLI) or CARS application requesting more information, unless otherwise directed, please send all requested information to the address below with the reference number and the name of the person requesting the information for faster processing.
Name of Person Requesting Information
Federal Communications Commission
Media Bureau, Engineering Division
Washington, D.C. 20554