Since 1939, the FCC has published the Statistics of Communications Common Carriers, a reference work widely used by academics, consultants, and other researchers in the field of telecommunications. This report includes a wealth of data on telecommunications costs, revenues, prices, and usage.
There are five sections:
- Part 1 contains general information on industry structure.
- Part 2 contains financial and operating data relating to telephone carriers.
- Part 3 contains data on international communications.
- Part 4 contains historical financial and operating statistics.
- Part 5 contains data on industry trends.