The FCC's Technology Experience Center is an on-site technology lab that will provide FCC employees and guests the opportunity to experience the latest devices at the forefront of the technology, broadcast radio and mobile revolutions.
The unique center opened Wednesday, July 13, 2011. All technology in the center has been acquired via donations by participating vendors and device manufacturers, as set out in the 2010 FCC document announcing the plans for the TEC.
The innovative management techniques that led to the development of the TEC shows the FCC continually striving to be a model of excellence in government. It also highlights the work of the FCC as the country's broadband agency, supporting innovation in the economy. The broadband-enabled devices in the TEC are tangible examples of why more spectrum is required to support the mobile technologies of today and tomorrow.
Other Technology Experience Center information
- Tammy Sun, Director of the Office of Media Relations, gives a sneak peek at the opening of the Technology Experience Center.
- Follow along with the FCC's #SeeTheSpectrum social media activity and join the conversation.
- The FCC News Release, "Genachowski Unveils 'Technology Experience Center'; Spotlights Innovation & Growth."
- See the list of vendors with devices and gadgets on display right now at the TEC.
- For vendors / manufacturers: Find out how to submit donations to the Technology Experience Center.