Broadband Acceleration Conference
Tearing down regulatory barriers—such as barriers to accessing utility poles, rights-of-way, and sites for wireless towers—is a cornerstone of the FCC’s strategy for bringing broadband to all Americans. Eliminating these roadblocks can accelerate investment that will expand the reach and robustness of broadband networks for all.
- FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski
- Phil Weiser, Senior Advisor to the National Economic Council, Director for Technology and Innovation
- Peter Appel, Administrator, Research and Innovative Technology Administration, Department of Transportation
- Scott Blake Harris, General Counsel of the Department of Energy
- Industry and local government officials
The conference was free and open to the public. Due to limited seating, those attending were asked to pre-register by submitting their name, title, organizational affiliation and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions during the event were sent to email@example.com and on Twitter with the hashtag #broadbandnow.