The FCC's Wireless Telecommunications Bureau, in cooperation with the National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors (NATOA), hosted a workshop focusing on collocations of wireless and broadband antennas on wireless and other communications towers (e.g. AM Radio towers) and structures (e.g. water towers) on Tuesday May 1, 2012, in the Commission Meeting Room at FCC Headquarters in Washington, DC.
The workshop provided an overview of wireless collocations that augment mobile broadband and wireless services in cities and communities. The workshop helped inform municipal leaders, planners and interested members of the public how wireless collocations can provide benefits and economic opportunities by expanding mobile broadband, wireless data coverage, and aiding first responders.
FCC Presentation - The Legal Framework
Panel 1 - Technical, Business and Structural Considerations
- Brian Kooyman, Manager, Wireless Network/Site Development, Sprint Nextel
- Neil Kuplic, Vice President and Director of Structural Engineering Services, FDH Engineering Inc.
Panel 2 - Collocations on Non-Traditional Towers and Other Structures
- Phil Heins, Former Emergency Director, Hanover County, VA
- Monica Gambino, Vice President, CRown Castle USA Inc.
- Christopher Horne, Chief Technical Officer, LBA Group, Inc.
- Connie Durcsak, President, Utilities Telecom Council
- Robert Raville, Vice President, Railroad Development, Global Towers, LLC
Panel 3 - Success Stories - State, Local and Federal Models
- Tim Piccirilli, Area Director, Project Management, American Tower Corporation
- Jenna Metznik, DIrector of Regulatory Compliance, American Tower Corporation
- Speaker Biographies
- Public Notice Announcing Agenda for Collocation Workshop
- Public Notice Announcing Workshop