Open Commission Meeting
The FCC held an Open Meeting on the subjects listed below on Thursday, June 9, 2011, in Room TWC305, at 445 12th Street, S.W., Washington, D.C.
The meeting included a presentation by the working group on the impact of technology on the information needs of communities. The Chief of the Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau and the Assistant Administrator of FEMA will also gave a presentation regarding the Emergency Alert System.
- Electronic Tariff Filing System Report and Order: The Commission will consider a Report and Order that enables all carriers that file tariffs with the Commission to do so electronically, thereby streamlining their filing processes while also making tariff information more readily accessible to other carriers and the public.
- Space Path Interference Report and Order: This item has been adopted by the Commission and deleted from the list of Agenda items scheduled for consideration at this Open Meeting.
The Commission will consider a Second Report and Order adopting technical rules to mitigate space path interference between the 17/24 GHz Broadcasting-Satellite Service (BSS) space stations and current and future Direct Broadcasting Service (DBS) space stations that operate in the same frequency band. (IB Docket No. 06-123)
Information Needs of Communities:
FCC Enables Carriers to Replace Paper Filings With Online Filings:
- News Release
- Report and Order
- Genachowski Statement
- Copps Statement
- McDowell Statement
- Clyburn Statement
- More Information
- Information Needs of Communities
- Deletion of Agenda Item
- Agenda for June 9th Open Meeting
- Tentative Agenda for June 9th Open Meeting