The employee (or her/his supervisor) should submit the request for “reasonable accommodation” of a disability to the Office of Workplace Diversity (OWD).
- The diagnosis of a disability.
- The impact of the disability on the employee’s ability to perform his/her job, as described in the position description of record (which was reviewed by the medical practitioner).
- The nature of the disability (temporary/permanent).
- The prognosis for recovery, if the disability is temporary.
- The aspect of the job needing accommodation.