- September 30, 2014 - Public NoticeEx Parte Status Changed for MVPD Definition Proceeding
- September 30, 2014 - Report And OrderCommission Eliminates Sports Blackout Rules
- September 29, 2014 - Public NoticeMB Announces 1st Phase of LMS for Full Power TV stations
Inside the Bureau
- Office of the Bureau Chief, Media Bureau
The Media Bureau develops, recommends and administers the policy and licensing programs relating to electronic media, including cable television, broadcast television, and radio...
- Audio Division, Media Bureau
The Audio Division of the Media Bureau licenses commercial and noncommercial educational AM, FM, FM Translator, and FM Booster radio services, and also the noncommercial...
- Engineering Division, Media Bureau
The Engineering Division conducts technical reviews of media related matters. The Division processes Cable Community Registration, Cable Television Relay Service (CARS)...
- Industry Analysis Division, Media Bureau
The Industry Analysis Division conducts and participates in proceedings regarding media ownership and the economic aspects of existing and proposed rules and policies. The...
- Management & Resources Staff, Media Bureau
The Management and Resources Staff oversee the direction of Bureau-wide management and administrative programs, including personnel management, budget formulation and execution,...
- Office of Communications & Industry Information, Media Bureau
The Office of Communications and Industry Information, in coordination with the Office of Legislative Affairs, responds to inquiries from Members of Congress and their staffs,...
- Policy Division, Media Bureau
The Policy Division conducts proceedings concerning broadcast, cable, and post-licensing Direct Broadcast Satellite issues, including the Satellite Home Viewer Improvement Act,...
- Video Division, Media Bureau
The Video Division licenses commercial and noncommercial educational TV, Low Power TV, Class A TV, TV Translators and TV Booster broadcast services.
MB Information Sheets
- Appendix B to DTV Table of Allotments
- Broadcast Station Totals
- Cable Community Registration
- Call Signs Systems
- CARS Public Notices
- Children's TV-Rules and Orders
- Digital Radio
- Digital Television
- Equal Employment Opportunity Rules
- Form 323 Ownership Report
- Inflation Updates for Cable Forms
- Media Ownership
- Merger and Transaction Pages
- Open Video Systems Certification
About the Bureau
The Media Bureau oversees broadcast radio and television, as well as cable and satellite services on behalf of consumers. It also administers licensing and policy matters for broadcast services and cable, and handles post-licensing matters for satellite services.