Before commencing operation, a cable system operator must file FCC Form 322  (Cable Community Registration) for each community to be served in accordance with 47 C.F.R 76.1801 . The purpose of the cable registration form is to provide an accurate and updated record of all cable systems operating in the United States. Each community must have its own separate registration form. The Commission will assign a Community Unit Identification number (CUID) when the registration process is complete.
Registrations can be done online at http://www.fcc.gov/coals . The fee is $60.00, and the code is "TAC". Follow this link for the current Media Bureau Fee Filing Guide (2011)  for each community being registered.
- Cable Operator, Mail Address, and Status Changes 
- Cable Rules 
- Search COALS for Cable Communities Registered with the FCC 
- COALS Electronic Filing System 
- Cable Registrations, AFN and CLI: Steve Curtis  at 202-418-7007
- Basic signal leakage including non-cable MVPD's: Carol Thomas  at 202-418-7004
- CARS and Form 325's: Gloria Conway  at 202-418-7001
- MVPD technical issues: Walid Kassem  at 202-418-1031
- Spectrum issues including Broadcast: Sean Yun  at 202-418-2193
- For all Media Bureau inquiries - Consult MB Subject Matter Expert List 
If you have been contacted by FCC staff by phone or by letter regarding a registration, aeronautical frequency notification, basic signal leakage performance report (CLI) or CARS application requesting more information, unless otherwise directed, please send all requested information to the address below with the reference number and the name of the person requesting the information for faster processing.
Name of Person Requesting Information
Federal Communications Commission
Media Bureau, Engineering Division
Washington, D.C. 20554