This article provides information on Cancelling a License in the Universal Licensing System (ULS).
Steps to Filing a Request to Cancel a License in ULS
- Log in to ULS Online Filing  with your FCC Registration Number (FRN) and password.
Note: If you are taken to the My Applications page, click My Licenses to begin the steps below.
- On the left side of the screen, click Cancel Licenses.
- Select the licenses and click Add.
- Click Continue to navigate through the application.
- Sign your application and click Submit Application.
Note: By typing your first and last name in the name fields you have signed your application.
FAQs – Filing a Request to Cancel a License in ULS
Will I owe a filing fee?
How do I know if my application is received at the FCC?
Applications will appear either the next business day in ULS Application Search  or two businesses days later for applications filed on a weekend or federal holiday. Enter the file number in the ULS Application Search to find your application.
When will my license be cancelled?
Generally, the license is cancelled within two business days.
What should I do if I cancelled my license in error?
On the same day that you submitted your application, you can delete the application.
Within 30 days from the date that your license is cancelled, you can file a Petition for Reconsideration .
Otherwise, you will need to Apply for a New License .