Contribution Methodology & Administrative Filings 2011 Headlines
- Clear World Communications Corporation Order: Clear World Communications Corporation sought review of a Bureau order finding that Clear World understated its contributions to the USF. The Commission concludes that Clear World failed to demonstrate Bureau error.
Order: Word Acrobat 12/23/11
- MeetingOne.com Corp Public Notice: Comment sought on an application for review filed by MeetingOne.com Corp. Petitioner seeks review of a Bureau order finding that: (1) IP audio bridging services are subject to USF, and (2) prospective-only application of such finding is not warranted.
Public Notice: Word Acrobat 12/13/11
- Bestel USA, Inc. Public Notice: The Wireline Competition Bureau seeks comment on a request filed by Bestel USA, Inc. (Bestel USA).
Public Notice: Word Acrobat 11/22/11
- MeetingOne.com Corp Order: The Bureau denies MeetingOne's request for review of USAC decision that IP audio bridging services are subject to USF reporting and contribution obligations.
Order: Word Acrobat 11/3/11
- Revised 2011 Annual Telecommunications Report Worksheet Public Notice: Wireline Competition Bureau Releases Revised 2011 Annual Telecommunications Reporting Worksheet (FCC Form 499-A) and Accompanying Instructions.
Public Notice: Word Acrobat 10/25/11
- Baltimore-Washington Telephone Company Public Notice: The Wireline Competition Bureau seeks comment on Baltimore-Washington Telephone Company's request for review of a decision by the Universal Service Administrative Company.
Public Notice: Word Acrobat 9/7/11
- IP Telecom Group, Inc. Order: In this order, we deny a request filed by IP Telcom Group, Inc. for review of a decision by the Universal Service Administrative Company.
Order: Word Acrobat 8/8/11
- Blackfoot Communications, Inc. Public Notice: Blackfoot Communications, Inc. (BCI) seeks review of a decision by the Universal Service Administrative Company to reclassify as interstate revenues a portion of BCI's fixed local service revenues.
Text PDF 8/5/11
- BCG, Inc and Reliable Telephone Company Order: In this order by TAPD, we deny requests filed by BCG, Inc. and Reliable Telephone Company, LLC. Each of the petitioners seeks waiver of the filing deadline for the 2009 FCC Form 499-A, and requests reversal of late filings fees for failure to timely file. We find that the petitioners have failed to demonstrate that good cause exists to justify waiver of the filing deadline. We direct USAC to collect any outstanding balance from BCG and Reliable Telephone, including any related late filing fees.
Text PDF 5/16/11
- The Universal Service Administrative Company Public Notice: The Wireline Competition Bureau seeks comment on a request for guidance filed by the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) on the proper classification of text messaging revenues for purposes of reporting and contributing to the Universal Service Fund. Specifically, USAC is seeking guidance on whether text messaging revenues should be reported as telecommunications revenue or non-telecommunications revenue.
Public Notice: Word Acrobat 5/9/11
- The Rural Independent Competitive Alliance Public Notice: The Wireline Competition Bureau seeks comment on a Petition for Declaratory Ruling filed by the Rural Independent Competitive Alliance (RICA). RICA requests that the Commission clarify that rural competitive local exchange carriers are not obligated to report on the FCC Form 499-A any portion of their end user revenues that is not collected pursuant to rates explicitly designated as charges for the provision of interstate service. RICA also requests that the Commission clarify that end user revenues recovered pursuant to rates charged for the provision of telephone exchange service entirely within one state are intrastate revenues.
Public Notice: Word Acrobat 5/9/11
- Verizon Wireless Public Notice: The Wireline Competition Bureau seeks comment on a petition filed by Verizon Wireless for reconsideration of the Bureau's April 1, 2011 letter to USAC to implement the company-specific cap on high-cost universal service support that the Commission imposed in October 2007 on Verizon Wireless’s predecessor in interest, Alltel Corporation.
Public Notice: Word Acrobat 5/4/11
- Clear World Communications Corporation Order: In this order, we deny in part a request for review filed by Clear World Communications Corp. We find that USAC appropriately determined that: (1) on its FCC Forms 499-A for 2005 and 2006, Clear World incorrectly allocated all revenues from monthly recurring charges as international, and (2) once a portion of such revenues were properly allocated as interstate, Clear World no longer qualified for the limited international revenues exemption (LIRE).
Order: Word Acrobat 4/29/11
- Network Enhanced Telecomm, LLP Order on Reconsideration: Wireline Competition Bureau denies NetworkIP's petition for reconsideration of a prior Bureau order addressing NetworkIP's request for review of a contributor audit performed by the Universal Service Administrative Company. In so doing, the Bureau explained that the NetworkIP Order neither required NetworkIP to collect Form 499 Filer ID numbers from customers in order to treat them as resellers nor made any conclusions as to what NetworkIP calls "intermediate resellers."
Order on Recon: Word Acrobat 4/26/11
- Alternative Phone, Inc. Order: Wireline Competition Bureau dismisses as procedurally defective a request for review filed by Alternative Phone, Inc. Petitioner sought waiver of the 45 days deadline for filing revisions to Form 499-Q. The dismissal is without prejudice.
Order: Word Acrobat 4/21/11
- U.S. Satellite Public Notice: The Wireline Competition Bureau seeks comment on a petition filed by U.S. Satellite Corporation requesting that the Commission issue a declaratory ruling clarifying that revenues derived from services USSC provides to its affiliate are excluded from its universal service fund contribution base.
Public Notice: Word Acrobat 4/7/11
- Manitowoc Public Utilities Order: In this order, we deny a request filed by Manitowoc Public Utilities (Manitowoc).
Order: Word Acrobat 3/29/11
- Dorial Telecom, LLC Order: In this order, we dismiss as procedurally defective Dorial Telecom, LLC (Dorial)’s request for review. In its request, Dorial states that it incorrectly reported revenues on its quarterly Telecommunications Reporting Worksheets for the first and second quarters of 2009. The Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) billed Dorial for universal service fund contributions based on the incorrectly reported amounts. Dorial refused to pay the invoices, and was subsequently assessed interest on the outstanding payments.In the request for review, Dorial asks the Commission to cancel this interest.
Order: Word Acrobat 3/15/11
- USAC Fund Policy Guidance Public Notice: On March 1, 2011, the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) requested guidance from the Federal Communications Commission on certain issues related to universal service fund contributor reseller processes.
Public Notice: Word Acrobat 3/7/11
- Form 499-A Public Notice: On March 1, 2011, the Wireline Competition Bureau (Bureau) released the revised annual Telecommunications Reporting Worksheet (FCC Form 499-A) and accompanying instructions. The Bureau revised the Form and instructions to make the process of preparing Form 499 more user-friendly for filers.
Public Notice: Word Acrobat 3/1/11
- CML Communications LLC Order: In this order, we dismiss as procedurally defective a request for review filed by CML Communications LLC (CML) on November 1, 2010. CML states it failed to file its annual Telecommunications Reporting Worksheet, and now seeks review and waiver of the associated late fees. In the alternative, CML asks us to waive at least a portion of the late fees and allow it to pay the remaining balance over time.
Order: Word Acrobat 1/14/11
- deltathree, Inc. Order: In this order, we grant a request for review by deltathree, Inc. (deltathree). On October 27, 2009, deltathree filed revised versions of several quarterly Telecommunications Reporting Worksheet (FCC Form 499-Q) with (USAC). Although deltathree filed these revisions more than 45 days after the original deadline for each FCC Form 499-Q, USAC accepted the revisions. In its request, deltathree states that USAC accepted the revisions because they were upward revisions (i.e., they increased deltathree’s contribution obligation). We conclude that USAC erred in accepting these late-filed revisions, and accordingly USAC should not have re-calculated deltathree’s universal service contribution obligations based on these late-filed revisions.
Order: Word Acrobat 1/14/11
- XO Communication Services, Inc. Public Notice: The Wireline Competition Bureau seeks comment on a request for review filed by XO Communication Services, Inc. (XO) on December 29, 2010.
Public Notice: Word Acrobat 1/6/11