Inside the Bureau
- Tower and Antenna Siting
Building a new tower or collocating an antenna on an existing structure requires compliance with the Commission’s rules for environmental review. These regulatory processes ensure...
- Incentive Auctions
Explore the Broadcast Television Spectrum Incentive Auction Rulemaking The United States leads the world in key areas of wireless infrastructure and innovation, including...
- Narrowbanding Overview
Narrowbanding refers to public safety and industrial/business land mobile radio systems migrating from 25 kHz efficiency technology to at least 12.5 kHz efficiency technology....
- January 29, 2015 - Public NoticeWTB Seeks Comment on Bird Waiver Request of Booster Designation Rule
- January 29, 2015 - LetterInterim Default Payment Assessed for Efrain O. Saille
- January 29, 2015 - LetterInterim Default Payment Assessed for Black Entrepreneurs Association
- January 29, 2015 - LetterInterim Default Payment Assessed for Nassau Broadcasting Holdings, Inc
- January 29, 2015 - LetterInterim Default Payment Assessed for Ace Radio Corporation
- January 28, 2015 - Public NoticeFiling Deadlines Established in the Data Roaming Proceeding
About the Bureau
The Bureau develops and executes policies and procedures for fast, fair licensing of all wireless services, from fixed microwave links to amateur radio to mobile broadband services. We oversee nearly two million licenses, conduct auctions to award services licenses, and manage the tower registration process. We also produce an annual assessment of the wireless industry -- the Mobile Wireless Competition Report -- and manage interactive web tools such as the Spectrum Dashboard, which deliver to the public key information on wireless services in a simple, transparent fashion.
Wireless Telecommunications Bureau