Inside the Bureau
- Tower and Antenna Siting
Building a new tower or collocating an antenna on an existing structure requires compliance with the Commission’s rules for environmental review. These regulatory processes ensure...
- Incentive Auctions
Explore the Broadcast Television Spectrum Incentive Auction Rulemaking The United States leads the world in key areas of wireless infrastructure and innovation, including...
- Narrowbanding Overview
Narrowbanding refers to public safety and industrial/business land mobile radio systems migrating from 25 kHz efficiency technology to at least 12.5 kHz efficiency technology....
- December 19, 2014 - Order On ReconsiderationVan Buren Public School EBS Renewal Order
- December 19, 2014 - Public NoticeIncentive Auction Webinars Announced
- December 19, 2014 - Public NoticeTribal Mobility Fund Phase I Winning Bidder Authorized
- December 18, 2014 - Declaratory RulingWTB Issues Declaratory Ruling on Data Roaming
- December 18, 2014 - LetterConsortium for Public Education and Sprint Lease Dispute Letter
- December 18, 2014 - Report17th Annual Competition Report
About the Bureau
The Bureau develops and executes policies and procedures for fast, fair licensing of all wireless services, from fixed microwave links to amateur radio to mobile broadband services. We oversee nearly two million licenses, conduct auctions to award services licenses, and manage the tower registration process. We also produce an annual assessment of the wireless industry -- the Mobile Wireless Competition Report -- and manage interactive web tools such as the Spectrum Dashboard, which deliver to the public key information on wireless services in a simple, transparent fashion.
Wireless Telecommunications Bureau