Inside the Bureau
- Connect America Fund (CAF)
NEW REQUIREMENT FOR REVIEW OF USAC DECISIONS: Any party (including, but not limited to entities filing an FCC Form 499, federal universal service program applicants, and service...
- Universal Service Program for Schools and Libraries (E-Rate)
The FCC's E-rate program connects the nation's schools and libraries to broadband. It is the government's largest educational technology program. When E-rate was established...
- Providing Relief for the Families of Inmates From the High Cost of Staying in Touch
Today, the Commission released an Order that will provide meaningful relief to millions of Americans who have borne the financial burden of unjust and unreasonable interstate...
- Rural Call Completion: Problems with Long Distance or Wireless Calling to Rural Areas
Rural consumers are reporting significant problems receiving long distance or wireless calls on their landline telephones.
- The IP Transition: Starting Now
Our communications networks are changing – and fast. What some call the “IP transition” is really a series of transitions; a multi-faceted revolution that advances as the packets...
- November 26, 2014 - OrderWCB Designates Blue Wireless & SI Wireless as limited Lifeline ETCs
- November 26, 2014 - Public NoticeDiscontinuance Application Of Embarq Corporation D/B/A CenturyLink
- November 26, 2014 - Public NoticeStreamlined Resolution of Requests Related to USAC Actions
- November 26, 2014 - OrderCommission Takes Steps to Modernize and Improve Efficiency of Filing
About the Bureau
The Wireline Competition Bureau works to ensure that all Americans have access to robust, affordable broadband and voice services. Its programs help ensure access to affordable communications for schools, libraries, health care providers, and rural and low-income consumers. It works to protect consumers and foster competition, especially for the services that small businesses need, and ensure a sustainable policy framework for competitors that rely on the facilities of others. It reviews communications industry transactions and conducts rulemakings and proceedings to ensure the availability of key inputs for communications providers, such as access to utility poles and rights of way. And it provides the public with accurate and comprehensive data about communications services, including broadband.
Wireline Competition Bureau
WCB Contact Information