Inside the Bureau
- Connect America Fund (CAF)
What's New WCB Announces Deadline to Respond to AT...
- Universal Service Program for Schools and Libraries (E-Rate)
The FCC's E-rate program connects the nation's schools and libraries to broadband. It is the government's largest educational technology program. When E-rate was established...
- Providing Relief for the Families of Inmates From the High Cost of Staying in Touch
Today, the Commission released an Order that will provide meaningful relief to millions of Americans who have borne the financial burden of unjust and unreasonable interstate...
- Rural Call Completion: Problems with Long Distance or Wireless Calling to Rural Areas
Rural consumers are reporting significant problems receiving long distance or wireless calls on their landline telephones.
- The IP Transition: Starting Now
Our communications networks are changing – and fast. What some call the “IP transition” is really a series of transitions; a multi-faceted revolution that advances as the packets...
- January 29, 2015 - Public NoticeDiscontinuance Application Of Cincinnati Bell Telephone Company LLC
- January 29, 2015 - Public NoticeStreamlined Resolution of Requests Related to USAC Actions
- January 29, 2015 - Public NoticeReminder That Default Comment Cycle Applies to High Cost Items
- January 29, 2015 - OrderFairPoint Granted An Extension for Special Access Data Collection
- January 29, 2015 - News ReleaseFCC Finds U.S. Broadband Deployment Not Keeping Pace
- January 28, 2015 - Public NoticeWCB Announces Deadline to Respond to AT&T CAF Phase I Proposal
About the Bureau
The Wireline Competition Bureau works to ensure that all Americans have access to robust, affordable broadband and voice services. Its programs help ensure access to affordable communications for schools, libraries, health care providers, and rural and low-income consumers. It works to protect consumers and foster competition, especially for the services that small businesses need, and ensure a sustainable policy framework for competitors that rely on the facilities of others. It reviews communications industry transactions and conducts rulemakings and proceedings to ensure the availability of key inputs for communications providers, such as access to utility poles and rights of way. And it provides the public with accurate and comprehensive data about communications services, including broadband.
Wireline Competition Bureau
WCB Contact Information