The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) receives many complaints about alleged illegal (non-FCC certified) equipment being offered for sale on the Internet or in publications. The FCC is monitoring this situation carefully and requests your assistance. If you have a complaint or any information about illegal or uncertified equipment being offered for sale, please forward it to the FCC. Useful information includes:
- an original advertisement or web address where the illegal equipment is being advertised or offered for sale, highlighting the types of equipment about which the allegations are being made;
- the name of any web auction site selling the equipment, the exact item number, and auction opening and closing dates;
- name and address of the individual or business offering the item(s) for sale;
- your name and telephone number in the event follow-up is necessary. We will keep this information private;
- specifically, why you think the equipment is not in compliance with FCC rules; and
- number of pieces or types of equipment about which the allegations are being made (one piece, five pieces, how many models, etc.).
Filing a complaint
You have multiple options for filing a complaint with the FCC:
- File a complaint online
- By phone: 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322); TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC (1-888-835-5322); ASL: 1-844-432-2275
- By mail (please include your name, address, contact information and as much detail about your complaint as possible):
Federal Communications Commission
Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division
445 12th Street, S.W.
Washington, DC 20554
Consumer Help Center
For more information on consumer issues, visit the FCC’s Consumer Help Center at https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov.
To request this article in an accessible format - braille, large print, Word or text document or audio - write or call us at the address or phone number at the bottom of the page, or send an email to email@example.com.