FM Table of Allotments, Summit, Mississippi
Federal Communications Commission
Washington, D.C. 20554In the Matter of
Amendment of Section 73.202(b),
) MB Docket No. 12-84
Table of Allotments,
FM Broadcast Stations.
REPORT AND ORDER(Proceeding Terminated)
Adopted: May 16, 2013
Released: May 17, 2013By the Assistant Chief, Audio Division, Media Bureau:
1. The Audio Division has before it: (1) a Notice of Proposed Rule Making (“Notice”) issued in
response to a Petition for Rule Making (“Petition”) filed by Bowen Broadcasting (“Petitioner”);1 (2) an
Order to Show Cause issued to Clear Channel Broadcasting Licenses, Inc. (“Clear Channel”), the
licensee of WQUE-FM, New Orleans, Louisiana;2 and (3) supporting comments filed by the Petitioner.
For the reasons discussed below, we grant the Petition.
Background.The Notice proposes to amend the FM Table of Allotments, Section 73.202(b)
of the Commission’s rules, by allotting FM Channel 228A at Summit, Mississippi, as the community’s
first local service. To accommodate that allotment, Petitioner requested the reclassification of Station
WQUE-FM, Channel 227C, New Orleans, Louisiana, to specify operation on FM Channel 227C0 rather
than Channel 227C. Clear Channel did not object to the reclassification, as set forth in our Order to
Show Cause, and therefore is deemed to have consented to it.
3. Petitioner filed comments supporting the allotment change proposed in the Notice. No other
comments were received.
Discussion.We believe that the proposed allotment will serve the public interest because it
could provide a first local service to Summit, Mississippi. FM Channel 228A can be allotted at Summit,
Mississippi, in compliance with the Commission’s spacing requirements, at 31-17-07 NL and 90-19-10 WL,
at a site 14.2 km (8.8 miles) east of Summit.
5. The Commission will send a copy of this Report and Order in a report to Congress and the
Government Accountability Office pursuant to the Congressional Review Act.3
6. Accordingly, IT IS ORDERED, that effective June 24, 2013, the FM Table of Allotments, 47
C.F.R. Section 73.202(b), IS AMENDED as follows:
1 Summit, Mississippi, Notice of Proposed Rule Making, 27 FCC Rcd 3299 (2012) (“Notice”).
2 See Reclassification of License of Station WQUE-FM, New Orleans, Louisiana, Order to Show Cause, DA 11-653
3 See 5 U.S.C. § 801 (a)(1)(A).
Federal Communications Commission
7. IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that effective July 1, 2013, the Commission’s Consolidated
Data Base shall be amended to show Station WQUE-FM, operating on Channel 227C0 at New Orleans,
8. The window period for filing applications for FM Channel 228A at Summit, Mississippi, will
not be opened at this time. Instead, the issue of opening a filing window for this allotment will be
addressed by the Commission in a subsequent order or orders.
9. IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that this proceeding IS TERMINATED.
10. For further information concerning this proceeding, contact Deborah Dupont, Media Bureau,
FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION
Note: We are currently transitioning our documents into web compatible formats for easier reading. We have done our best to supply this content to you in a presentable form, but there may be some formatting issues while we improve the technology. The original version of the document is available as a PDF, Word Document, or as plain text.