GIS Data for Mobility Fund Phase I Auction Results
Federal Communications Commission
News Media Information 202 / 418-0500445 12th St., S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20554
TTY: 1-888-835-5322DA 13-24
January 11, 2013
MOBILITY FUND PHASE I AUCTION
GIS DATA OF AUCTION 901 RESULTSAU Docket No. 12-25
1. By this Public Notice, the Wireless Telecommunications and Wireline Competition Bureaus
(the Bureaus) announce the availability of a shapefile of the Auction 901 results. This data does not
update or replace any of the previously-released data. Rather, it provides the same data in a geographic
information system (GIS) format and thus just supplements the previously-released data files and
interactive map. We are taking this step to make the data accessible to more people and to make it easier
to use for individual analysis.
2. In the Auction 901 Closing Public Notice, the Bureaus announced the availability of Auction
901 results files and an interactive map that is a visual representation of data from the auction results
files.1 The GIS data we now make available is an additional format of the winning bids data as shown in
the interactive map. This downloadable shapefile is available from the Auction 901 web page
(http://wireless.fcc.gov/auctions/901/) via the “GIS Data” link at the bottom of the page.
3. The shapefile format is actually four individual files (.dbf, .shp, .shx, and .prj) all with the
same prefix.2 This format is generally recognized as a standard transfer file for GIS data, and it is an
accepted transfer in just about every GIS software package.
4. For additional information about Auction 901 results you should consult the Auction 901
Closing Public Notice. Public notices and additional information about Auction 901 may be found at
5. For further information, contact Lisa Stover of the Auctions and Spectrum Access Division at
(717) 338-2868. To request materials in accessible formats (Braille, large print, electronic files, audio
format) for people with disabilities, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Consumer and
Governmental Affairs Bureau at (202) 418-0530 or (202) 418-0432 (TTY).
- FCC -
1 “Mobility Fund Phase I Auction Closes; Winning Bidders Announced for Auction 901,” Public Notice, AU Docket
No. 12-25, DA 12-1566, 27 FCC Rcd 12031 (2012) (Auction 901 Closing Public Notice).
2 See “Esri Shapefile Technical Description,” http://www.esri.com/library/whitepapers/pdfs/shapefile.pdf. Last
visited January 9, 2013.
Note: We are currently transitioning our documents into web compatible formats for easier reading. We have done our best to supply this content to you in a presentable form, but there may be some formatting issues while we improve the technology. The original version of the document is available as a PDF, Word Document, or as plain text.