Girls in ICT Day Fireside Twitter Chat with Commissioner Clyburn & Commissioner Rosenworcel
The FCC is hosting a Twitter chat in honor of International Girls in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Day a.k.a Girls in Tech Day. Technology is playing an increasingly important role in all aspects of our lives. Join the Twitter chat highlighting our two most senior women in techology at the FCC: Commissioner Clyburn & Commissioner Rosenworcel. This chat will give (the public & practitioners), insight/behind the scenes look on the who, what, why, & how journey of how they became FCC Commissioners & leaders as women in Technology. They will also discuss how Information and Communication Technology has helped improve the lives of women and girls in their careers, education, and health.
You can follow and participate by using the hashtag #FCCWomenInTech.
- Brittany L. Stevenson, New Media Associate. Tweets from @BLStevenson
If you are new to Twitter chats, you can use the following steps to sign up and participate.
- Create a Twitter account at Twitter.com
- Search for the @FCC Twitter page and click follow.
- Sign in to your Twitter account on April 24 at 2:00 p.m. EDT and search #FCCWomeninTech in Twitter’s search bar.
- Save the #FCCWomeninTech search term to follow the ongoing dialogue.
- To signify your participation in the Twitter chat, tweet your comment or question and include the hashtag #FCCWomeninTech. Then click refresh to view your tweet.
Recap of Girls Tech Day Chat 2013: https://www.fcc.gov/blog/425-girlstechday-twitter-chat-recap
For more information about Women in ICT, check out FCC's WISENET initiative.