Open Commission Meeting - August 2010
The Federal Communications Commission will hold an Open Meeting in Washington, DC. on July 15, 2010, which includes the following items:
- Hearing Aid Compatibility R&O and FNPRM: A Report and Order and Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that benefits consumers with hearing loss by ensuring that advanced and innovative devices that provide telephone voice communications are hearing aid-compatible.
- Wireless Backhaul NPRM and NOI: A Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Notice of Inquiry seeking to remove regulatory barriers to the use of spectrum for wireless backhaul and other point-to-point and point-to-multipoint communications, to promote broadband competition and investment in rural and non-rural areas.
The event will be shown live at FCC.gov/live.
- Public Notice - Sunshine Notice
- July 15, 2010 Open Commission Meeting – The July Open meeting discussion items included a rural health support mechanism, fixed and mobile services in the Mobile Satellite Service Bands, and the Electronic Tariff Filing System (ETFS).
- June 17, 2010 Open Commission Meeting – The June Open meeting proposed a framework for a broadband internet service NOI.
- May 20, 2010 Open Commission Meeting – The May Open meeting discussion items included mobile wireless competition report, WCS-SDARS report and order, e-rate NPRM, pole attachments order and FNPRM, local number portability report and order.
- National Broadband Plan - Broadband.gov