This article provides information on how to file an Qwnership Change in the Antenna Structure Registration (ASR) system. On February 14, 2019, (Public Notice DA 19-69) the FCC revised the process for reporting changes in ownership of towers and other structures registered in the system. The new Ownership Change (OC) application procedure is a two-step process that requires both the assignor (current owner of record) and the assignee (new owner of record) to log into ASR, complete their respective portions of the application, and provide the signature of an authorized person. Ownership changes for more than one registration can be submitted on the same application.
Steps to Filing a Request to Change Owner Information on a Registration in ASR
Part 1 (Assignor) – To complete the first part of the OC application, the assignor must:
Log into ASR using its FCC Registration Number (FRN) and password and on “Dashboard,” select the “Ownership Change” purpose. All registrations associated with that FRN that are in “Granted” or “Constructed” status will be displayed.
- Select one or more of the displayed registrations to transfer to the assignee and click “Save and Continue.”
- Enter the asignee's FRN and click "Save and Continue."
Confirm the selected registration(s) on the “Application Summary” page and click “Sign and Send to Assignee.” ASR will then display the “Assignor Certification” page.
- Enter the name and title of the individual signing for the assignor and click “Send to Assignee.” ASR will display a confirmation page with the message “Your application is ready for Assignee to complete. Please notify Assignee.” It will also provide an option for the assignor to return to the ASR dashboard.
Part 2 (Assignee) – To complete and submit the OC application, the assignee must:
- Log into ASR using its FRN and password, and from the “Dashboard,” select “Review all Saved Applications.” The “Application Manager” will then be displayed.
- Under the “Saved Applications” tab, find and select the partially completed OC application(s). ASR will display the “Application at a Glance” page.
- Select “Continue Application,” complete the required fields for “Ownership Information,” and click on “Save and Continue.”
- Complete the “Contact Information,” and select “Save and Continue.” The “Application Summary” will be displayed.
- Clicking on “Sign and Submit” will display the “Assignee Certification” page. Enter the name and title of the individual signing for the assignee and click “Submit Application.” ASR will then display the final “Confirmation” page, showing a row for each registration number that was transferred in the OC application.
The assignor may delete a partially completed OC application at any time until it is sent to the assignee. After an application is sent to the assignee, only the assignee can delete it. The ASR system will automatically delete saved OC applications after 30 days if the assignee fails to complete the application.
FAQs – Filing a Request to Change Owner Information on a Registration in ASR
Will I owe a filing fee?
Who is responsible for filing an ownership change for a registration?
This two-step application process requires both the assignor (current owner of record) and the assignee (new owner of record) to log into ASR, complete their respective portions of the application, and provide the signature of an authorized person. The assignor starts the application and the assignee completes the ownership transfer.
How do I know if my application is received at the FCC?
Applications will appear immediately in ASR Application Search after the assignee completes step 2 of the application filing process. Enter the file number in the ASR Application Search to find your application.
What should I do if I as the assignor sent an Ownership Change application to an assignee in error?
You can Submit a Help Request for assistance.