On February 2, 2011, the FCC released a Report and Order amending and reforming the Commission’s rules on ex parte presentations made in the course of Commission rulemakings and other permit-but-disclose proceedings. The Commission also continued this proceeding with a Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that asks for comment on whether the interests of fairness and openness would be served by adopting real party-in interest disclosure rules based on those that apply in many court proceedings.
- Report and Order and Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Federal Register Notice, 76 FR 24376 (May 2, 2011)
- Federal Register Notice (comment on further proposed rules) 76 FR 24434 (May 2, 2011)
Pursuant to Sections 1.415 and 1.419 of the Commission's rules, 47 CFR 1.415, 1.419, interested parties may file comments on the proposed ex parte rules or before June 16, 2011 and reply comments on or before July 18, 2011.
On February 4, 2011, the Commission revised portions of its Part 1 procedural rules and Part 0 organizational rules. These revisions will increase the efficiency of Commission decision-making, modernize Commission procedures for the digital age, and enhance the openness and transparency of Commission proceedings.
- Revised Ex Parte and Procedural Rules Tutorial - This tutorial was held in the Commission Meeting Room on May 6, 2011, and was led by senior FCC staff, and was followed by a question and answer period moderated by FCBA members.
- FCC University course on 2011 amendments to the ex parte rules - This brief course explains the principal changes to the ex parte rules made by the 2011 amendments.