This article provides information on filing an application to register a new antenna structure in the Antenna Structure Registration (ASR) system. Almost all new antenna structure registrations require environmental notice. There is a series of help articles about the Environmental Notification Process.
Steps to Filing a New Antenna Structure Registration in ASR
- Log in to ASR Online Filing with your FCC Registration Number (FRN) and password.
- Click on the Register New Structure button.
- Complete the required fields. Navigate through the application by clicking on the Save and Continue button.
- On the Application Summary page click on the Sign and Submit button.
- Complete the Certification page and click the Submit Application button.
Note: By typing your first and last name in the name fields you have signed your application.
- You will receive a confirmation of application submission that shows the file number and status. Click the Back to Home button to return to the Antenna Structure Registration Dashboard.
This will be part one of the Environmental Notification Process. After submitting the partially completed Form 854, you are required to provide local notice of the proposed tower registration by publication in a local newspaper or by other means. You must provide this local notice on or before the date you selected for posting the proposed registration on the FCC’s website.
For procedures and processing time frames for the Environmental Notification Process, please refer to Public Notice DA 12-731.
FAQs – Filing a New Antenna Structure Registration in ASR
Will I owe a filing fee?
How do I know when my application is ready for the Part Two Certification?
Applications could be ready for the Part Two Certification as soon as 12 days after the 30-day National Notice Period, as long as no further environmental review is required, or if a FONSI letter has been issued.
To check if the application is ready for the Part Two Certification, Log in to ASR Online Filing with your FCC Registration Number (FRN) and password. From the Antenna Structure Registration Dashboard, click the My Applications tab. On the Application Manager page click on the Env. Certification tab. The application file number will appear here if it is ready for certification.
Refer to the instructions on filing the Part Two Certification.
How do I know if my application is received at the FCC?
Applications will appear immediately in ASR Application Search. Enter the file number in the ASR Application Search to find your application.