Per Public Notice DA 15-72, the FCC no longer mails license authorizations. If you provide an email address on your application, a link to print your official copy of your license will be automatically emailed to you when the application has granted. Licensees may also log into ULS to download official authorizations by following the instructions below.
ULS currently provides both a temporary and a permanent link on the License Manager homepage to download current official authorizations in Active status and to change your Paper Authorization Preference. The temporary links, "Change your paper authorization preference for licenses“ and "download your official electronic authorizations now,” can be found on a green bar across the top of the License Manager homepage. The permanent links, “Download Electronic Authorizations,” and "Set Paper Authorization Preference" can be found in the navigation bar on the left side of the License Manager homepage.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DOWNLOADING OFFICIAL AUTHORIZATIONS IN ULS
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR DOWNLOADING OFFICIAL AUTHORIZATIONS
1. Go to https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/licManager/login.jsp and log in with your FCC Registration Number (FRN) and password. After entering your password, proceed to the steps for Download Electronic Authorizations below.
2. Once you are logged in, click the "Download Electronic Authorizations" link on the navigation bar on the left side of the License Manager home page.
There will be two options for finding the call sign for downloading:
1 - Search for the authorization(s) you want to download:
- Enter the call sign OR
- Enter a date range (based on Effective Date of the license)
2 - In the My Authorizations box at the bottom of the page, select the call signs you wish to download.
- Add the call sign(s) to the Authorizations to Download box by clicking the call sign(s) and clicking the Add button.
3. Once the licenses have been selected, click the Download button in the lower right-hand corner of the page. The download will be automatically converted to a PDF file, and you can choose to Open (to print) or Save (to save to a desired folder)
**NOTE: Official authorizations will include the watermark “Official Copy” imprinted on each page.Only licenses in Active status that are authorized under Parts 1, 13, 20, 22, 24, 27, 74, 80, 87, 90, 95, 97 and 101 of the Commission’s rules will be available for downloading. Official authorizations in any status other than “Active,” including, for example, current official authorizations in “Expired,” “Cancelled,” or “Terminated” status, as well as official authorizations archived in ULS, cannot be accessed electronically. The Bureau will continue to process, on a manual basis, spectrum subleases and private commons arrangements. The Commission will also continue to provide unofficial reference copies of authorizations online through ULS License Manager with the watermark “Reference Copy” imprinted on each page.
Filers using Chrome will need to turn off the Pop-up Blocker before downloading. To turn off the Pop-up Blocker:
- Click on the Settings icon (3 horizontal lines) in the upper right-hand corner of the browser
- Click on Settings
- At the bottom of the Settings page, click the link Show Advanced Settings
- Under the Privacy heading, click the Content Settings button
- In the Content Settings window, scroll down to the Pop-ups section
- Click Allow all sites to show pop-ups; click the Done button
- Close the Settings tab
After the authorization(s) have been selected for download, follow these steps for accessing the PDF file in Chrome:
- After clicking the Download button, a blank window will open. At this point, the authorizations are downloading. (If the filer exits this window prior to the download finishing, the download will not complete.)
- Once the download completes, it will appear at the bottom of the blank window.
- Click on the button to open the PDF file
NOTE: If the download button cannot be seen at the bottom of the screen, maximize the window.
The FCC recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers for MAC when downloading authorizations using the MAC OS.
If you receive one of the following error messages after attempting the above steps, you may need to install or update the Adobe Acrobat Reader:
- Invalid or corrupted PDF file.
- Message: Invalid PDF structure
Go to the following website - https://get.adobe.com/reader/
- You may uncheck the optional offer.
- Click the Install now button.
- You will be prompted to either save or run the file. (If you are prompted to save the file, you will need to locate your download folder and run the file.)
For further assistance with the installation please refer to the Need help? link on the page.
Mobile devices will need to have a PDF viewer to open the Electronic Authorization. We recommend installing Adobe Acrobat Reader from the app store.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR RECEIVING OFFICIAL PAPER AUTHORIZATION BY MAIL BY CHANGING YOUR ULS PRINT PREFERENCE
Licensees can opt to receive mailed authorizations by logging into License Manager and changing the print preference. Licensees using mutliple FCC Registration Numbers (FRNs) must choose the setting for each FRN.
If licensees wish to obtain official authorizations only electronically through ULS, they do not need to make any changes to the setting in License Manager. If the licensee does not change the setting, the Commission will no longer print and mail out official authorizations on paper through the U.S. Postal Service.
Steps to Update Paper Authorization Preferences:
- Go to https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/licManager/login.jsp, enter your FCC Registration Number (FRN) and password and click the Submit button. Then, proceed to Step 2 below to begin filing the application.
If you do not know your FRN, you can search for it by clicking the "Check your licenses" link under the Submit button on the Log In page. If you do not know the password:
• Click on the "Contact Tech Support" link under the Submit button on the Log In page.
• On the next page, click the Forgot Password link and follow the prompts for resetting the password.
• After receiving confirmation of a successful password reset, click the link for Universal Licensing System (DO NOT click the CORES Public Interface link.)
• Click the yellow ULS License Manager button to return to the Log In page.
• Enter the FRN and password and click the Submit button.
- Click the Set Paper Authorization Preference link in the navigation bar on the left side of the License Manager home page.
- On the Paper Authorization Preferences page, select "Yes" to receive official authorizations via mail (or "No" to receive them electronically).
- Click the Save button.
NOTE: The default preference is "No." When the print preference is set to "No," the Commission will not print and mail any official authorizations associated with the licensee's FRN. If a licensee changes the setting described above to “Yes” or uses any of these other options, once an application is granted, the Commission will print and mail out on paper the resulting official authorization(s) associated with the licensee’s applicable FRN(s). If a licensee elects to receive paper authorizations, the licensee can also continue to access its official authorizations electronically through License Manager or by email where the applicant includes a valid email address in its application.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO CHANGE PRINT PREFERENCE ELECTRONICALLY
Please contact the FCC's Licensing Support Center at:
Phone: (877) 480-3201
Mail: Send a letter requesting to receive paper authorizations to:
ATTN: Application Exhibit
1270 Fairfield Road
Gettysburg, PA, 17325-7245.
The above instructions explain methods by which a licensee can access in ULS its current official authorizations, which include the watermark “Official Copy” imprinted on each page, in Active status that are authorized under Parts 1, 13, 20, 22, 24, 27, 74, 80, 87, 90, 95, 97 and 101 of the Commission’s rules. Official authorizations in any status other than “Active,” including, for example, current official authorizations in “Expired,” “Cancelled,” or “Terminated” status, as well as official authorizations archived in ULS, cannot be accessed electronically. The Bureau will continue to process, on a manual basis, spectrum subleases and private commons arrangements. The Commission will also continue to provide unofficial reference copies of authorizations online through ULS License Search with the watermark “Reference Copy” imprinted on each page.