The Engineering Division conducts technical reviews of media related matters. The Division processes Cable System Registration, Cable Television Relay Service (CARS) applications, special relief and show cause petitions involving technical matters, and requests for rulings on technical matters and requests for waivers of the rules. The Division processes signal leakage performance reports filed by cable system operators, analyzes aeronautical frequency usage data and takes appropriate action to ensure compliance with FCC requirements.
List of all randomly selected PSIDs to file Form 325 for 2014, 2015 & 2016 filing years for systems with less than 20K subs. For people who are not familiar with COALS, use this link as a guide to find the PSID status and legal ownership.
The Media Bureau announces mandatory electronic filing via the Cable Operations and Licensing System (COALS) for the following FCC Forms:
- FCC FORM 320, Basic Signal Leakage Report
- FCC FORM 322, Cable Community Registration
- FCC FORM 324, Operator, Mail Address, and Operational Information Changes
- FCC FORM 325, Annual Report of Cable Television Systems
Paper versions of the above forms will not be accepted for filing, unless accompanied by a request for waiver of the electronic filing requirement. Users can access the electronic filing system for these forms via the Internet from the Commission's Web Site at www.fcc.gov/coals. for more details...
- Cable System Registration
- Search COALS for Cable Communities Registered with the FCC
- Cable Operator, Mail Address, and Status Changes
- Signal Leakage Information
- Aeronautical Frequency Notification (AFN)
- Subscriber Signal Quality Standards
- Cable TV Relay Services (CARS)
- CARS Weekly Public Notices
- Multichannel Video Programming Distributor (MVPDs)
- Cable Rules
- COALS Electronic Filing System
- Cable Registrations, AFN and CLI: Steve Curtis at 202-418-7007
- CARS and Form 325's: Gloria Conway at 202-418-7001
- MVPD technical issues: Sean Mirzadegan at 202-418-7111
- Spectrum issues including broadcast: Sean Yun at 202-418-2193
- For all Media Bureau inquiries, check the MB Subject Matter Expert List
If you have been contacted by FCC staff by phone or by letter regarding a registration, aeronautical frequency notification, basic signal leakage performance report (CLI) or CARS application requesting more information, unless otherwise directed, please send all requested information to the address below with the reference number and the name of the person requesting the information for faster processing.