The Federal Communications Commission will hold an Open Meeting in Washington, DC. on September 23, 2010, which includes the following items:
- Unlicensed Operation in the TV Broadcast Bands Additional; Spectrum for Unlicensed Devices Below 900 MHz and in the 3 GHz Band: The Commission will consider a Second Memorandum Opinion and Order addressing 17 petitions for reconsideration of the rules adopted in this proceeding to make unused spectrum in the TV bands available for unlicensed broadband wireless devices while protecting incumbent services.
- Schools and Libraries Universal Service Support Mechanism; A National Broadband Plan for our Future: The Commission will consider a Report and Order that improves connectivity for students and library patrons, and accelerates the National Broadband Plan's goal of affordable access to 1 gigabit per second broadband at community anchor institutions across the country, by upgrading, modernizing, and streamlining the E-Rate program.
- Wireless E911 Location Requirements: The Commission will consider a Second Report and Order that enables a more effective emergency response system by establishing a timeline and benchmarks for wireless carriers to provide more granular E911 location information at either a county-based or PSAP-based geographic level.
- Wireless E911 Location Accuracy Requirements; E911 Requirements for IP-Enabled Service: The Commission will consider a Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Notice of Inquiry that seeks to improve E911 location accuracy and reliability for existing and new voice communication technologies, including Voice over Internet Protocol and, consistent with the National Broadband Plan, to understand the ways in which voice communications enabled by broadband and next generation 911 technologies could support enhanced first response.
The event will be shown live at FCC.gov/live.
- Public Notice - Sunshine Notice
- August 5, 2010 Open Commission Meeting – The August Open meeting discussion items included Hearing Aid Compatibility Report & Order and FNPRM as well as the Wireless Backhaul NPRM and NOI.
- July 15, 2010 Open Commission Meeting – The July Open meeting discussion items included a rural health support mechanism, fixed and mobile services in the Mobile Satellite Service Bands, and the Electronic Tariff Filing System (ETFS).
- June 17, 2010 Open Commission Meeting – The June Open meeting proposed a framework for a broadband internet service NOI.
- National Broadband Plan - Broadband.gov