The CSRIC is a Federal Advisory Committee that will provide recommendations to the Commission regarding best practices and actions the Commission can take to ensure optimal security, reliability, and interoperability of commercial and public safety communications systems.
Each CSRIC III working group presented an update on topics that ranged from emergency warning systems to 9–1–1 location accuracy to cybersecurity best practices. Several Working Groups presented recommendations on which the CSRIC voted.
- WG1 - NG 9-1-1 (Subgroup 1)
- WG5 - DNSSEC Implementation Practices for ISPs
- WG6 - Secure BGP Deployment
- WG 1 - NG 9-1-1
- WG 2 - Next Generation Alerting
- WG 3 - E9-1-1 Location Accuracy
- WG 4 - Network Security Best Practices
- WG 5 - DNSSEC Implementation Practices
- WG 6 - Secure BGP Deployment
- WG 7 - Botnet Remediation
- WG 8 - E9-1-1 Best Practices
- WG 9 - CAP Implementation
- WG 10 - 9-1-1 Prioritization