EAAC MISSION: The purpose of the EAAC is to determine the most effective and efficient technologies and methods by which to enable access to Next Generation 911 (NG 9-1-1) emergency services by individuals with disabilities, and to make recommendations to the Commission on how to achieve those effective and efficient technologies and methods. During the spring of 2011, the EAAC conducted a nationwide survey of individuals with disabilities and released a report on that survey on June 21, 2011. Following release of the survey report, the EAAC developed recommendations, which it submitted to the Commission on December 7, 2011, as required by the CVAA. The agenda for this EAAC meeting included discussion of reports from the EAAC subcommittees and other activities needed to ensure access to 911 by individuals with disabilities.
ACCESSIBLE FORMATS: To request materials in accessible formats for people with disabilities (Braille, large print, electronic files, audio format), send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau at 202-418-0530 (voice), 202-418-0432 (TTY).
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Suzy Rosen Singleton, Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau, 202-810-1503, or Suzanne.Singleton@fcc.gov (email); and/or Zenji Nakazawa, Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau, 202-418-7949, Zenji.Nakazawa@fcc.gov (email).
(EAAC Co-Chairs David Dzumba and Richard Ray)
- Consider and approve minutes from previous meeting
- Update on CVAA and Report on the M-Enabling Summit
(CGB - Karen Peltz Strauss)
- Report on Text-to-911 "Bounce Back" Report & Order and remaining issues in the rulemaking proceeding, and other Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau activities of interest to the EAAC
(PSHSB – Tim May)
- Report on and Discussion about NENA Coordination Group for Text-to-911 including consumers with disabilities outreach and general public outreach efforts
(NENA - Roger Hixson, CGB - Cheryl King)
- Discussion of ATIS/TIA Joint SMS Standard
(ATIS/TIA - Peter Musgrove)
- Discussion of location accuracy rulemaking
(PSHSB - Henning Schulzrinne)
- Discussion on specific issues considered outstanding, and possible next steps for continuing the EAAC's mission
Facilitated discussion led by PSHSB - Zenji Nakazawa / CGB - Suzy Rosen Singleton)
- Review and approval of outstanding subcommittees' final reports
- SC5: NENA i3 NG911 Gaps
- SC6: TTY users and NG911 PSAPs; Use of TTYs in Legacy 911 PSAPs
- SC7: Timeline Alignment
- Wrap-up discussion about the EAAC's Subcommittees efforts and reports
- Call for public comment