To perform an advanced search go to: https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm. The advanced search permits search on a wide range of fields associated with an FCC ID to help find the information on a grant of certification.
- FCC ID numbers consists of two elements, a grantee code and an equipment product code. An FCC ID is assigned to all devices subject to certification.
- The Grantee Code, the first portion of the FCC ID, is either a three or five character alphanumeric string representing the Grantee/Applicant.
- Grantee codes that begin with an alphabetic character (A-Z) of three characters in length. The second and third characters may be numbers or alphabetic characters.
- Grantee codes that begin with a number (2-9) are five characters in length. The second through fifth characters may be numbers or alphabetic characters.
- The Grantee Code does not contain the numbers “one” and/or “zero”. The Grantee Code is assigned by the Commission permanently to a company for authorization of all radio frequency equipment.
- The Product Code is the second portion of the FCC ID that begins after the grantee code. The Product Code may include hyphens and/or dashes (-). The Product Code is assigned by the Grantee.
- More examples and some additional explanation is available on the FCCID help section.