Per Public Notice DA 15-72, the FCC no longer mails license authorizations. If you provide an email address on your application, a link to print your official copy of your license will be automatically emailed to you when the application has granted. Licensees may also log into ULS to download official authorizations. Instructions can be found at How to Obtain Official Authorizations from ULS.
The FCC deems the electronic version of an authorization stored in ULS as the official Commission document. All licensees can access the official electronic versions of their current authorizations in Active status through License Manager in ULS. Only Commission licensees are afforded access to their official electronic authorizations through License Manager.
Log in to https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/licManager/login.jsp with your FCC Registration Number (FRN) and Password . If you do not know the password, click on the Contact Tech Support link, and then click the Reset Password button to follow the prompts for resetting the password.
There are both temporary and permanent links on the License Manager home page for downloading electronic authorizations. The temporary link, “download your official electronic authorizations now,” can be found on a green bar across the top of the License Manager home page. The permanent link, “Download Electronic authorizations,” can be found in the navigation bar on the left side of the License Manager home page.
1. Select the authorization(s) from the Filter by Radio Service box or search for the authorization(s) you want to download by:
a. Entering the call sign
b. Entering a date range (based on Effective Date of the license)
2. Add them to the Authorizations to Download box.
3. Once the licenses have been selected, click the Download button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
4. The download will be automatically converted to a PDF file, and you can choose to Open (to print) or Save (to save to a desired folder)
Downloading Electronic Authorizations Using the Chrome Browser
Filers using Chrome will need to turn off the Pop-up Blocker before downloading. To turn off the Pop-up Blocker:
1. Click on the Settings icon (3 horizontal lines) in the upper right-hand corner of the browser
2. Click on Settings
3. At the bottom of the Settings page, click the link Show Advanced Settings
4. Under the Privacy heading, click the Content Settings button
5. In the Content Settings window, scroll down to the Pop-ups section
6. Click Allow all sites to show pop-ups; click the Done button
7. Close the Settings tab
After the authorization(s) have been selected for download, follow these steps for accessing the PDF file in Chrome:
1. After clicking the Download button, a blank window will open. At this point, the authorizations are downloading. (If the filer exits this window prior to the download finishing, the download will not complete.)
2. Once the download completes, it will appear at the bottom of the blank window.
NOTE: If the download button cannot be seen at the bottom of the screen, maximize the window
3. Click on the button to open the PDF file
Downloading Authorizations Using MAC Operating Systems
The FCC recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers for MAC when downloading authorizations using the MAC OS.