Deutsche Telekom AG, the ultimate parent company of T-Mobile USA, Inc., and MetroPCS Communications, Inc. have filed applications seeking Commission approval for the transfer of control to Deutsche Telekom of the licenses, leases and authorizations held MetroPCS and its subsidiaries. In the underlying transaction, T-Mobile USA and MetroPCS will be combined, with Deutsche Telekom holding 74% of the combined company and MetroPCS's shareholders the remaining 26%. T-Mobile USA is the fourth largest national wireless carrier in the United States, while MetroPCS offers wireless services in nineteen major metropolitan areas in the United States on a predominantly flat-rate, no long-term contract basis. Deutsche Telekom is a German company, with the Federal Republic of Germany holding a direct interest of approximately 15 percent and, along with the German federal states, an approximately 17% indirect interest.
TimelineDay 137 - March 12, 2013
March 12, 2013 - Order and Declaratory Ruling
Order and Declaratory Ruling Approving T-Mobile, MetroPCS Applications
November 30, 2012 - Public Notice T-Mobile, Metro PCS Transaction NRUF Public Notice
November 30, 2012 - Protective Order T-Mobile, MetroPCS Transaction NRUF Protective Order
October 26, 2012 - Public Notice Applications Accepted for Filing; Pleading Cycle Established
October 17, 2012 - Second Protective Order Second Protective Order
October 17, 2012 - Protective Order Protective Order
October 17, 2012 - Public Notice Commission Opens Docket for Proposed Transfer of Control of MetroPCS to Deutsche Telekom AG
12/17/12 Reply Comments, filed by the NAACP, AFL-CIO, Service Employees International Union, Sierra Club, Alliance for Retired Americans, Center for Community Change, National Consumers League, Jobs with Justice, and USAction
- David Hu, Broadband Division, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau: (202) 418-7120
- Kathy Harris, Mobility Division, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau: (202) 418-0609
- Neil Grace, (press inquiries): (202) 418-0506
This page contains an indexed unofficial listing of and electronic links to most materials in this docket. The applications and any associated documents are also available for public inspection and copying during normal reference room hours at the FCC Reference Center. Copies of the applications and any subsequently-filed documents in this matter also may be obtained from Best Copy and Printing, Inc., Portals II, 445 12th Street, SW, Room CY-B402, Washington, DC 20554, 1-800-378-3160 (voice), firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail), and most are also accessible through the Commission's Electronic Comment Filing System. To request materials in accessible formats for people with disabilities (Braille, large print, electronic files, audio format), send an e-mail to email@example.com or call the Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau at 202-418-0530 (voice), 202-418-0432 (tty).