Inside the Bureau
- Tower and Antenna Siting
Building a new tower or collocating an antenna on an existing structure requires compliance with the Commission’s rules for environmental review. These regulatory processes ensure...
- Incentive Auctions
Explore the Broadcast Television Spectrum Incentive Auction Rulemaking The United States leads the world in key areas of wireless infrastructure and innovation, including...
- Narrowbanding Overview
Narrowbanding refers to public safety and industrial/business land mobile radio systems migrating from 25 kHz efficiency technology to at least 12.5 kHz efficiency technology....
- Bureaus Deny Petitions Seeking Stay of Open Internet Order
- August 27, 2015 - Memorandum Opinion And OrderWireless Telecommunications Bureau Approves AT&T-KanOkla Transaction
- August 26, 2015 - Order Proposing ModificationJoshua Babb Order Proposing Modification
- August 25, 2015 - ErratumErratum - Updating Part 1 Competitive Bidding Rules et al.
- August 24, 2015 - LetterWTB Grants Sprint a Waiver for LTE Operation in Portland Area
- August 24, 2015 - Public NoticeAuction 97 Long-form Applications Granted
About the Bureau
The Bureau develops and executes policies and procedures for fast, fair licensing of all wireless services, from fixed microwave links to amateur radio to mobile broadband services. We oversee nearly two million licenses, conduct auctions to award services licenses, and manage the tower registration process. We also produce an annual assessment of the wireless industry -- the Mobile Wireless Competition Report -- and manage interactive web tools such as the Spectrum Dashboard, which deliver to the public key information on wireless services in a simple, transparent fashion.
Wireless Telecommunications Bureau