April 2014 Open Commission Meeting
The FCC held an Open Meeting in Washington, DC on April 23, 2014, on the subjects listed below:
- Connect America Fund (WC Docket No. 1090); Universal Service Reform – Mobility Fund (WT Docket No. 10-208); ETC Annual Reports and Certifications (WC Docket No. 14-58); Developing a Unified Intercarrier Compensation Regime (CC Docket No. 01-92); Establishing Just and Reasonable Rates for Local Exchange Carriers (WC Docket No. 07-135):
The Commission will consider a Report and Order, Declaratory Ruling, Order, Memorandum Opinion and Order, and Seventh Order on Reconsideration taking significant steps to continue the implementation of the landmark reforms adopted in the 2011 USF/ICC Transformation Order to modernize universal service for the 21st century. An accompanying Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking proposes measures to update and further implement the framework adopted by the Commission in 2011.
- Amendment of the Commission’s Rules with Regard to Commercial Operations in the 3550-3650 MHz Band (GN Docket No.12-354):
The Commission will consider a Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that would implement an innovative three-tier spectrum sharing approach to make up to 150 megahertz of spectrum available for wireless broadband use in the 3550-3700 MHz band.
The Commission will consider the following subjects listed below as consent agenda and these items will not be presented individually:
- Application for a Construction Permit For a New FM Broadcast Station at Aguila, Arizona:
The Commission will consider a Memorandum Opinion and Order concerning an Application for Review filed by Entravision Holdings seeking review of a decision by the Media Bureau granting an application by Able Radio Corporation.
- Puerto Rico Public Broadcasting Corporation, Application for a Permit to Construct a New Noncommercial Educational FM Station at Mayaguez, Puerto Rico:
The Commission will consider a Memorandum Opinion and Order concerning an Application for Review filed by Puerto Rico Public Broadcasting Corporation seeking review of a waiver request dismissal by the Media Bureau..
- Applications of Clear Creek Radio, Inc. for a New NCE(FM) Station, Idaho Springs, Colorado; Fraser Valley Community Media, Inc. for a New NCE(FM) Station, Winter Park, Colorado; RV Ministries, Inc. for a New NCE(FM) Station, Fraser, Colorado; The North Fork Angling Society for a New NCE(FM) Station, Pine, Colorado:
The Commission will consider a Memorandum Opinion and Order concerning a joint Application for Review filed by Clear Creek Radio, Inc., Fraser Valley Community Media, Inc., The North Fork Angling Society, and RV Ministries, Inc., seeking review of a waiver request denial by the Media Bureau.
Replay the Recorded Webcast of this Event
- The recorded webcast of this event will be available for playback here soon.
Meeting DocumentsFCC Takes Major Strides Toward Further Expansion of Rural Broadband
FCC Proposes to Make 150 MHz of Spectrum Available for Broadband
- News Release
- Wheeler Statement
- Clyburn Statement
- Rosenworcel Statement
- Pai Statement
- O'Rielly Statement