Remarks by Chairman Genachowski and Digital Education Leaders on National Adoption of Digital Textbooks
Chairman Genachowski Hosted Leaders From the Digital Education Ecosystem to Drive National Adoption of Digital Textbooks
On Thursday, March 29, 2012, FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski met with leaders across the digital education space, including CEOs from broadband companies, publishers and digital device manufacturers, for a working group meeting on transitioning the U.S. K-12 schools to digital textbooks. Last month, Chairman Genachowski and U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan challenged states and industry to drive national adoption of digital textbooks in the next five years.
Remarks by Chairman Genachowski and Secretary Duncan, followed by a presentation from the Leading Education by Advancing Digital (LEAD) Commission on the opportunities and challenges of transitioning the country to digital textbooks.
- Julius Genachowski, Chairman, FCC
- Arne Duncan, Secretary, U.S. Department of Education
- James Coulter, Co-Chair, Leading Education by Advancing Digital (LEAD) Commission
- CEOs and senior executives, broadband companies, publishers and digital device manufacturers
- Digital Learning Day National Town Hall Meeting, 2/1/2012
- Fact Sheet: FCC Chairman and Dept of Ed. Sec. Discuss Digital Textbooks With EdTech Leaders.
- Chairman Genachowski's Remarks
- Cost Models
- Lead Commission Presentation