State and Local Government Webinar - Wednesday, May 2, 2012 at 1:00 pm Eastern time. The Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau’s Office of Intergovernmental Affairs (IGA) is staffing a special series of interactive web events. These outreach webinars are designed to share vital information about Commission actions and priorities and improve federal/state dialogue and information sharing.
The State and Local Government webinar took place on Wednesday, May 2, 2012 at 1:00 pm Eastern time. The FCC is seeking a two way dialogue on key events and issues related to telecommunications and for us to learn and/or partner with state and local governments and their organizations.
- Office of Chairman Genachowski - Digital Literacy; Stolen Cell Phone
- Wireline Competition Bureau - FCC Reforms Modernizing Lifeline to keep
Low-income Americans connected to job, family and 911 services.
- Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau - Next Generation 911; the
Public Safety Provisions of the Payroll Tax Extension Law; Creation of a New
Public Safety Network; the Commercial Mobile Alert System; as well as the
Impact of Narrowbanding on Local Municipalities.
- Media Bureau - Incentive Auctions as they relate to State-Owned Networks.
- Wireless Telecommunications Bureau - Collocation; Signal Boosters for
Improved Wireless Coverage.
- Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau - Cramming; Robocalls.