Inside the Bureau
- Tower and Antenna Siting
Building a new tower or collocating an antenna on an existing structure requires compliance with the Commission’s rules for environmental review. These regulatory processes ensure...
- Incentive Auctions
Explore the Broadcast Television Spectrum Incentive Auction Rulemaking The United States leads the world in key areas of wireless infrastructure and innovation, including being...
- Narrowbanding Overview
Narrowbanding applies to public safety and industrial/business land mobile radio systems migrating from 25 kHz efficiency technology to at least 12.5 kHz efficiency technology....
- April 18, 2014 - OrderDenial of Phyllis and Robert Wilson Requests to Waive Section 90.609
- April 16, 2014 - Public NoticeEnvironmental & Historic Preservation Compliance Workshops June...
- April 16, 2014 - OrderWTB Denies ClearRF Request for Equivalent Protection Determination
- April 16, 2014 - OrderDenial of Havens Petition to Deny Kurian-NorthWestern Assignment
- April 10, 2014 - Public NoticeWTB Dismisses Competing Application
About the Bureau
The Bureau develops and executes policies and procedures for fast, fair licensing of all wireless services, from fixed microwave links to amateur radio to mobile broadband services. We oversee nearly two million licenses, conduct auctions to award services licenses, and manage the tower registration process. We also produce an annual assessment of the wireless industry -- the Mobile Wireless Competition Report -- and manage interactive web tools such as the Spectrum Dashboard, which deliver to the public key information on wireless services in a simple, transparent fashion.
Wireless Telecommunications Bureau