The Communications Security, Reliability and Interoperability Council - IV Meeting
The CSRIC is a federal advisory committee that will provide recommendations to the Commission regarding best practices and actions the Commission can take to help ensure security, reliability, and interoperability of commercial and public safety communications systems, including: (1) the reliability and security of communications systems and infrastructure; (2) 911, Enhanced 911 (E911), and Next Generation 911; and (3) emergency alerting. On March 19, 2013, the FCC, pursuant to the FACA, renewed the charter for the CSRIC for a period of two years through March 19, 2015.
This is the second meeting under this CSRIC charter. At the meeting, each of the working groups provided a progress report. Topics covered included emergency alerting systems, 9-1-1 location accuracy, distributed denial-of-service, and cybersecurity best practices. There were no votes scheduled for this CSRIC meeting.
- Working Group 1 - NG 9-1-1
- Working Group 2 - Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Working Group 3 - Emergency Alert System
- Working Group 5 - Remediation of Server-Based DDos Attacks
- Working Group 6 - Long-Term Core Internet Protocol Improvements
- Working Group 7 - Legacy Network Best Practices Update
- Working Group 8 - Submarine Cable Routing and Landing Working Group
- Working Group 9 - Infrastructure Sharing During Emergencies
- Working Group 10 - CPE Powering