“This page is a digitally archived AccessInfo Announcement”
At its February 2016 meeting, members of the FCC’s Disability Advisory Committee voted to submit five recommendations to the Commission. The recommendations address the following issues:
- the provision of N‐1‐1 services through telecommunications relay services;
- the compatibility of the Commission’s Accessible Communication for Everyone (“ACE”) platform with 911 services;
- ways to address the transition to real‐time text;
- collaboration with other federal agencies (e.g., the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Department of Transportation) to address access to captioning and video description in places of public accommodation, such as hotels and hospitals, and other venues, such as aircraft, where video programming may be shown; and
- issues for the Commission to consider in an upcoming rulemaking addressing video description on television programming.
These recommendations, and the webcast of the full DAC meeting, can be viewed at https://www.fcc.gov/general/disability-advisory-committee.
For additional information about the Disability Advisory Committee or these recommendations, please contact Elaine Gardner, DAC Designated Federal Officer, Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau, Disability Rights Office, (202) 418‐0581 (voice); email: Elaine.Gardner@fcc.gov.