- Full Title: FCC, FTC Demand Robocall-Enabling Service Providers Cut Off COVID-19-Related International Scammers; Agencies Target Companies Routing Scam Robocalls to Consumers about Fake COVID-19-Related Refunds, Loan Reductions, and Social Security Threats
- Document Type(s): News Release
- Bureau(s): Enforcement, Media Relations
The Federal Communications Commission and Federal Trade Commission demanded that gateway providers allowing COVID-19 pandemic-related scam robocalls into the United States cut off this traffic or face serious consequences.
- Released On: May 20, 2020
- Issued On: May 20, 2020
- Media Contact: Will Wiquist at (202) 418-0509, email: Will.Wiquist@fcc.gov