Jul 15 2010
2:30 pm EDT
Commission Meeting Room (TW-C305), 445 12th Street S.W., Washington, DC
The Federal Communications Commission held an Open Meeting in Washington, DC. on July 15, 2010, which included the following items:
- Rural Health Care Support Mechanism: The Commission considered a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking initiating reforms to the Universal Service Rural Health Care Fund to expand the reach and use of broadband connectivity by health care providers throughout the nation.
- Fixed and Mobile services in the Mobile Satellite Service Bands: The Commission considered a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Notice of Inquiry (NOI) to increase value, utilization, and investment in the 2 GHz, Big LEO, and L-bands of the Mobile Satellite Service.
- Electronic Tariff Filing System (ETFS): The Commission considered a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) seeking comment on streamlining the tariff filing and formatting process by transitioning from paper to electronic filing to reduce industry burden and promote an open, transparent, and efficient flow of information.
- Public Notice - Sunshine Notice
- June 17, 2010 Open Commission Meeting – The June Open meeting proposed a framework for a broadband internet service NOI.
- May 20, 2010 Open Commission Meeting – The May Open meeting discussion items included mobile wireless competition report, WCS-SDARS report and order, e-rate NPRM, pole attachments order and FNPRM, local number portability report and order.
- April 21, 2010 Open Commission Meeting – The April Open meeting proposed several NPRMs and NOIs regarding broadband deployment and availability, smart video, CableCARD rules, and a cybersecurity certification.
- National Broadband Plan - Broadband.gov