By this Public Notice, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC or Commission), consistent with the Federal Advisory Committee Act,1 announces that the FCC's Emergency Response Interoperability Center Public Safety Advisory Committee (PSAC) will meet on Tuesday, March 15, 2011, at 10:00 a.m. in the Commission Meeting Room at FCC Headquarters, located at 445 12th Street, SW, Room TW-C305, Washington, DC 20554.
The PSAC is a Federal Advisory Committee that will provide recommendations to assist the Commission and the Emergency Response Interoperability Center (ERIC) in implementing the following policy objectives:
- the adoption of technical and operational requirements and procedures to ensure a nationwide level of interoperability for the public safety broadband network;
- the adoption and implementation of requirements and procedures to address operability, roaming, priority access, gateway functions and interfaces, the interconnectivity of public safety broadband networks, and other matters related to the functioning of the nationwide public safety broadband network;
- the adoption of authentication and encryption requirements for common public safety broadband applications and network use;
- the coordination of ERIC's policies with other entities, including other federal agencies; and
- such other policies for which ERIC may have responsibilities from time to time. On August 6, 2010, the FCC, pursuant to the Federal Advisory Committee Act, filed the charter for the PSAC for a period of two years through August 6, 2012.
Matters to be considered at this meeting include the duties set forth in the PSAC charter, the process for completing its tasks, and committee structure. Topics considered at the meeting may include the interoperability of 700 MHz public safety broadband networks with other public safety networks, including both narrowband networks and broadband networks; user applications; security and authentication features; and network evolution. A more detailed agenda will be released prior to the meeting.
Members of the general public may attend the meeting, and the FCC will attempt to accommodate as many attendees as possible; however, admittance will be limited to seating availability. The Commission will also provide audio and/or video coverage of the meeting over the Internet from the FCC's web page at www.fcc.gov/live.
Open captioning will be provided for this event. Other reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request. Requests for such accommodations should be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com or by calling the Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau at (202) 418-0530 (voice), (202) 418-0432 (TTY). Such requests should include a detailed description of the accommodation needed. In addition, please include a way the FCC can contact the requester if more information is needed to fill the request. Please allow at least five days' advance notice; last minute requests will be accepted, but may not be possible to accommodate.
The public may submit written comments before the meeting to Gene Fullano, the FCC's Designated Federal Officer for the PSAC by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or U.S. Postal Service Mail to Gene Fullano, Associate Chief, Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau, Federal Communications Commission, 445 12th Street, SW, Room 7-C738, Washington, DC 20554.
For Further Information Contact:
Designated Federal Officer for PSAC and Associate Chief, Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau
(202) 418- 0492
Deputy Designated Federal Officer for PSAC and Attorney, Policy Division, Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau
News Media Contract:
Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau