The Council is a Federal Advisory Committee that will provide recommendations to the Commission regarding best practices and actions the Commission can take to ensure the security, reliability, and interoperability of communications systems. On March 18, 2011, pursuant to the Federal Advisory Committee Act, the Commission renewed the CSRIC charter for a period of two years, through March 18, 2013.
At the meeting on December 16, 2011, Working Group 1 on Next Generation 9-1-1 presented a final report for vote. Each of the remaining Working Groups presented an update. Topics will include alerting systems, 9-1-1 location accuracy, and network security. See the Public Notice for more information.
- WG 1 - NG 9-1-1
- WG 2 - Next Generation Alerting
- WG 3 - E9-1-1 Location Accuracy
- WG 4 - DNS Routing Interim Solutions
- WG 6 - Secure BGP Deployment
- WG 7 - Status: Botnet Remediation
- WG 8 - E9-1-1 Best Practices
- WG 9 - EAS-CAP Migration Roadmap