In recognition of Older Americans Month, the FCC's Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau hosted this workshop to provide information on online safety, communicating during emergencies, and how broadband and other technologies can be used to facilitate aging in place and telehealth. The event included technology demonstrations.
For additional information about this event, please contact Anthony Butler by e-mail at Anthony.Butler@fcc.gov; or by phone at: 202.418.2372.
Available Presentations (Powerpoint Slides in PDF Format)
- Communications Access During Disaster and Other Emergencies/Alerts and Warnings: Karen Coates and Everett Sedgwick, Office of Disability Integration and Coordination, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and Susan Johnson-Sellars, FEMA Integrated Public Alert and Warning System
- Seniors in the Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure: Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure, Jim Tobias, Director of Stakeholders & Strategies, Raising the Floor
- The Blue Button Initiative: Simone Myrie, Public Health Analyst, Office of Consumer eHealth, Office of National Coordinator for Health IT, Department of Health and Human Services
- Stay Safe, Healthy, and Connected: Dr. Karen S. Rheuban, M.D., Senior Associate Dean for CME and External Affairs, Director, Center for Telehealth, University of Virginia
- Training Older Adults on Technology: From the Community Center to the Remote Desktop: Tom Kamber, Older Adults Technology Services (OATS)