BDAC Meeting, July 2018 - Day 1
This was day 1 of a 2-day meeting. Day 2 was on July 27.
The mission of the Broadband Deployment Advisory Committee (BDAC) is to provide advice and make recommendations to the Commission on how to accelerate the deployment of high-speed Internet access, or broadband, by reducing and removing regulatory barriers to infrastructure investment.
At this meeting, the BDAC considered and voted on reports and recommendations from its Harmonization Working Group to harmonize the Model Code for Municipalities and Model Code for States adopted by the BDAC on April 25, 2018. In addition, the Ad Hoc Committee for Rates and Fees gave a presentation. The BDAC also discussed its next steps.
Members of the public may submit comments to the BDAC in the FCC's Electronic Comment Filing System, ECFS, at www.fcc.gov/ecfs. Comments to the BDAC should be filed in GN Docket No. 17-83.
- Public Notice
- Harmonization Working Group Documents:
- Model Code for States (harmonized)
- Model Code for States Redline (comparing the harmonized version with draft presented on April 25, 2018)
- Model Code for Municipalities (harmonized)
- Model Code for Municipalities Redline (comparing the harmonized version with draft presented on April 25, 2018)
- Ad Hoc Committee on Rates and Fees – Report
- BDAC Meeting Day 2, July 27
- BDAC Homepage