U.S. Representative Brenda L. Lawrence (MI-14) and FCC Commissioner Geoffrey Starks virtually hosted this event which explored how the digital divide has exacerbated already existing inequities that impact the city of Detroit and other similarly situated cities in Michigan and throughout the United States. Panelists presented solutions for addressing the digital divide on a local, state, and federal level and particularly focused on the urgent matter of connecting children, low-income communities, and communities of color to affordable and reliable broadband. See the News Release for more information.
- U.S. Representative Elissa Slotkin (MI-08)
- Michigan Lt. Governor Garlin Gilchrist II
- Joshua Edmonds, City of Detroit
- Amina Fazlullah, Common Sense Media
- Mike Muse, The Mike Muse Show on SiriusXM
- Angela Siefer, National Digital Inclusion Alliance