January 26, 2010, 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM EST
The Workshop entitled "Broadband and New Media Strategies for Minority Radio" will be held January 26, 2010 from 9:30 am until 12:00 noon in the FCC Commission Meeting Room. There will be a roundtable discussion on ways that broadband technology can support minority radio. We will have participants from broadband companies such as Google and radio station owners from across the country, including representative from Radio One, Inner City Broadcasting, Multicultural Radio Broadcasting, Univision and a host of others. The participants will respond to prepared questions from the moderator, online registrants, and registrants in the audience.
The following are some of the preliminary topics that will be covered at this workshop. If you would like to discuss any other topics, please send us your suggestions.
- How can broadband technology assist minority radio in expanding the listener base?
- How does broadband deployment and adoption figure into the success of minority radio?
- Are there any unique barriers to using broadband technology for minority radio?
- Is there a viable business model that can marry broadband technology and minority radio?
9:30 am Roundtable begins with Comments from Commissioner(s); and Introductions from Carolyn Fleming-Williams Senior Deputy Director, OCBO and Rick Wade, Acting Chief of Staff, Department of Commerce, Moderators
9:45 - 10:45 am Roundtable Participants begin discussion
- Mario Armstrong, Radio Host, XM/Sirius radio, USTalkNetwork.com, WYPR & WEAA
- Eric Broyles, Founder and CEO, Megree, Inc.
- Frank Flores, Chief Revenue Officer of the radio segment and General Manager, Spanish Broadcasting Systems
- Anita Stephens Graham, Partner, Opportunity Capital Partners
- Zemira Jones, President/CEO of All American Management Group, Inc.
- James L. Winston, Executive Director, National Association of Black-Owned Broadcasters (NABOB)
- Candida Mobley-Wright, President, Voices, Inc.
- Frank Montero, Co-Managing Partner with the law firm Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth
- Cleveland Spears, Producer/Radio Host/General Manager, iM4radio Broadcasting Network
- Loris Ann Taylor, Executive Director, Native Public Media
10:45 - 11:00 am Break
11:00 - 12:00 noon
Roundtable Participants resume discussion
12:00 noon Adjournment