Outreach Grant Funding Opportunity
Pilot Program applicants are also encouraged to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Outreach Grant Program — Pilot Program Grants, which provides $10 million ($5 million for each pilot program) in funding for participants in the Your Home, Your Internet and ACP Navigator Pilot Programs.
How to Get Started
- Pilot Program Outreach Grants NOFO (PDF)
- Pilot Programs Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Pilot Program Outreach Grants Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Pilot Program Outreach Grants Budget Detail Worksheet and Narrative Template (XLSX)
- Application Walkthrough Webinar
- Public Notice: Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau and Wireline Competition Bureau Announce ACP Pilot Program Grants Target Funding
- Public Notice: ACP Outreach Grant and Pilot Programs Applications Due January 9, 2023
- Public Notice: WCB Announces Application Window for ACP Pilot Programs
- Public Notice: FCC Provides Additional Information Concerning ACP Pilot Programs
- Your Home, Your Internet Report & Order
- Affordable Connectivity Outreach Grant Program Report & Order
- Affordable Connectivity Program Report & Order and Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- ACP Pilot Programs: ACPPilots@fcc.gov.
- ACP Grant Program: ACPgrants@fcc.gov.
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) provides eligible low-income households a monthly discount of up to $30 for broadband service (up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands) as well as a one-time up to $100 discount toward a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers.
The FCC has created two one-year pilot programs — the Your Home, Your Internet Pilot Program and the ACP Navigator Pilot Program — that are designed to increase awareness of and facilitate enrollment in the Affordable Connectivity Program and to provide assistance with ACP applications. The application window has closed and we are now processing submitted applications.
Please note that applications for the Pilot Programs are for the eligible entities specified below, not individuals. Please visit Affordableconnectivity.gov if you are an individual interested in applying to the ACP.
Your Home, Your Internet Pilot Program
The Your Home, Your Internet Pilot Program is a one-year pilot program designed to increase awareness of the ACP, specifically among recipients of federal housing assistance, including: recipients of Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program (Section 8 Vouchers); Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA)/Section 202/Section 811; Public Housing; and Affordable Housing Programs for American Indians, Alaska Natives or Native Hawaiians. This pilot program will facilitate enrollment in the ACP by providing targeted assistance with completion of the program application.
Entities eligible to apply for the Your Home, Your Internet Pilot Program include federal agencies and their partners; state, local, and Tribal housing agencies; tenant associations; and non-profit and community-based entities that provide ACP-related or other support for federal housing assistance recipients. Pilot activities may include the development of new promotional materials, hands-on application assistance, and site-based outreach.
Selected participants may also request access to the National Verifier for purposes of assisting consumers with completing and submitting an application for the Affordable Connectivity Program. Participants in this pilot program will be selected through an application process.
ACP Navigator Pilot Program
The ACP Navigator Pilot Program is a one-year pilot that will provide a limited number of neutral, trusted third party entities, such as schools and school districts, or other local, Tribal or state government entities, access to the National Verifier for purposes of assisting consumers with completing and submitting an application for the Affordable Connectivity Program. Participants in this pilot program will be selected through an application process.