Auction 34 began on 8/16/2000 and closed on 9/1/2000.
1,050 licenses for the 800 MHz General Category: six contiguous 25 channel blocks in 175 Economic Areas (EAs).
3 licenses for selected EAs the 800 MHz Upper Band: one 20 channel block (Block A); one 60 channel block (Block B), and one 120 channel block (Block C).
General Category: 851.0125-854.7375 MHz / 806.0125-809.7375 MHz
Upper Band: 861.0000-866.0000 MHz / 816.0000-821.0000 MHz
General Category: 1.25 MHz per license
Upper Band: 1 MHz (Block A); 3 MHz (Block B); 6 MHz (Block C)
See SMR 800 MHz Band Plan
- Key Dates
- Licenses Offered
- Channeling Plan
- Permissible Operations
- License Period
- Bidding Credits
- Licensing Rules
- A bidder with average gross revenues of not more than $15 million for the preceding three years receives a 25 percent discount on its winning bids;
- A bidder with average gross revenues of not more than $3 million for the preceding three years receives a 35 percent discount on its winning bids.
- No eligibility restrictions
- Applicants may aggregate across spectrum blocks within the limitations specified in C.F.R. 47 § 20.6
- Incumbent licensees present in the band
- Licensed by Economic Areas (EAs) plus three other EA-like areas covering U.S. territories
- Partitioning and/or disaggregation permitted