Auction 64 began on 3/15/2006 and closed on 3/20/2006.
11 Full Power Television Station Construction Permits
Various vacant allotments (54 – 806 MHz)
See Public Notice DA 05-2987 and 47 CFR 73.606 and 73.622
6 MHz per construction permit
- Key Dates
- Construction Permits Offered
- License Period and Construction Requirements
- New Entrant Bidding Credits
- Interference Protection
- Licensing Rules
- Auction No. 64 will offer 11 construction permits for full power television broadcast service stations. Ten of these permits are designated as “open” and are available to any interested party. One permit, TV-NTS011-51, is designated as “closed” and is available only to those individuals or entities with a pending, mutually exclusive application filed for that station prior to July 1, 1997 and if designated for that particular construction permit in Attachment A of the Procedures Public Notice (DA 05-2987). The permits being offered are for vacant television allotments, reflecting television channels assigned to the television Table of Allotments, pursuant to the Commission’s established rulemaking procedures, designated for use in the indicated communities. Some of the permits are for stations that are single channel, digital only television stations and others are for single-channel stations that must be operated as either NTSC analog stations or, if they meet the Commission’s interference requirements, may be operated as digital only television stations.
- A complete list of construction permits for Auction No. 64 and their descriptions is provided in Attachment A of Public Notice DA 05-2987.
- A 35 percent bidding credit will be given to a winning bidder if it, and/or any individual or entity with an attributable interest in the winning bidder, has no attributable interest in any other media of mass communications;
- A 25 percent bidding credit will be given to a winning bidder if it, and/or any individual or entity with an attributable interest in the winning bidder, has an attributable interest in no more than three mass media facilities;
- No bidding credit will be given if any of the commonly owned mass media facilities serve the same area as the proposed broadcast station, or if the winning bidder, and/or any individual or entity with an attributable interest in the winning bidder, has attributable interests in more than three mass media facilities.